[openib-general] round 2 - proposal for socketbased connectionmodel

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Wed Oct 26 10:15:38 PDT 2005

This is the whole purpose of the protocol.
It is OS independent and ensures interoperability.
Nobody will change their OS protocol implementation
so it can communicate to Linux (or any other OS or vendor)
that invented its own protocol...
It is not OS (linux no exception) job to invent protocols.

But I think this argument have been bitten enough already.
Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300