[openib-general] Re: ehca testing

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Oct 27 10:03:17 PDT 2005

OK, looks like you have two problems.  First of all, you seem to have
two versions of ib_mthca, one of which gets picked up by hotplug on
boot and one of which gets picked up by modprobe.  Notice how you
don't see the

    dev->ib_dev.node_type = 1

line when mthca runs on boot?  The only explanation I can come up with
for that would be that you have an old version of it in an initrd or
something that's screwing thing up.

As for the crash in poll_catas, I understand what's going on there.
The catastrophic error polling code is ioremap()ing a PCI address
instead of the correct CPU address.  They're different on pSeries but
not on most other architectures, so I didn't see problems in testing.

I'll commit a fix for that problem shortly.

 - R.