[openib-general] PGI compiler issue with dat_platform_specific.h

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Mon Oct 31 07:51:47 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Sayantan Sur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We ran into some troubles when compiling the OpenIB dapl provider with
> the PGI compiler. I believe this should appear in both ibat-cm and the
> scm based providers.
>
> Has anyone compiled DAPL/Gen2 with PGI?

Nobody has reported this problem before. Therefore it is likely
that nobody has tried to compile the code with the PGI compiler
recently.

> Is there a quick workaround for this?
>
> ----
> PGC-W-0221-Redefinition of symbol UINT64_C (/usr/include/stdint.h: 304)

The DAT headers define UINT64_C on line 147 of
dat/dat_platform_specific.h

The definition there is guarded by an ifndef

You must be including stdint.h sometime after you include udat.h

If you include stdint.h before you include udat.h, the problem should
go away.

> PGC-S-0040-Illegal use of symbol, u_int64_t
> (/home/1/surs/projects/Gen2/dapl_scm
> _patch/dapl/dat/include/dat/dat_platform_specific.h: 139)

Did you try changing u_int64_t to uint64_t?