[openib-general] Re: ip_dev_find symbol missing

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 31 11:51:01 PST 2005

Quoting r. Sean Hubbell <shubbell at dbresearch.net>:
> Subject: Re: ip_dev_find symbol missing
>
> Roland Dreier wrote:
>
> >    Sean> The export of this symbol was removed in 2.6.14.  You'll
> >    Sean> need to add:
> >
> >    Sean> EXPORT_SYMBOL(ip_dev_find);
> >
> >    Sean> to net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c to compile these modules now.
> >
> >...and BTW a patch to do this is in the svn tree at
> >
> >    linux-kernel/patches/linux-2.6.14-fib-frontend.diff
> >
> > - R.
> >
> Are there any other patches that should be applied when updating to
> kernel 2.6.14?
>
> Sean

Since you are using the svn trunk, please notice that
in 2.6.14, you need to link linux-kernel/infiniband/include/rdma
to include/rdma, in addition to linking
linux-kernel/infiniband to drivers/infiniband.

Roland, maybe we should just remove the EXTRA_CFLAGS hacks from the
makefiles, it seems that the fact that there are two ways
to find a header is only creating confusion.
What do you say?

--
MST