[openib-general] Connectivity

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Thu Sep 1 12:46:31 PDT 2005

Hello,

 I have a few question that I would like to ask and possible get some
help. Again, I am trying to get my ib0 interface up and running using
opensm and IPoIB. I have this working on my local host, but when I want
to go over the network to one of the other nodes, this does not work. So
I would like to ask the following question to assist me in debugging:

1) How does one find out what the LID is for a given node and is LID 0
the localhost LID?
2) How does one find out what the guid is for a given node?
3) What are the best practices on debugging either IPoIB and/or opensm?

Thanks,

Sean