[openib-general] Connectivity

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Sep 2 06:38:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 08:38, Sean Hubbell wrote:
> I looked at the arp table and the ib0 device is not listed. The state is
> marked as ACTIVE for port 1. Does this mean that a connection to opensm
> has been established and not necessarily that this interface has been
> enabled for use (meaning the connection to opensm with over eth0 instead
> of ib0)?

If there are no ARP entries on an ib<n> interface, I don't think it
would show up there. If you ping an explicit address on that ib<n>
subnet, you would see something like:
? (192.168.0.2) at <incomplete> on ib0

I presume you've modprobe'd ib_ipoib and ifconfig'd ib<n> to get it up
and running (ifconfig -a shows ib<n> in an UP state).