[openib-general] Connectivity

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Fri Sep 2 06:45:25 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 08:59, Sean Hubbell wrote:
>

>>The log file I cannot send. I can go through it and answer any questions
>>that you have. I realize this is stupid, but this is well above me.
>>

>It will just take longer for us to converge on what is going on but this
>is not the first time being in this situation...
>

>>I am not sure about the Subnet Manager. How can I tell where it is running?
>>

>So I take it you didn't start up the SM...
>
>You can tell that by the SM LID of the end nodes. You can find that out
>via:
>/sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1/sm_lid
>ibstat
>ibstatus
>
>You can then use the diag tool smpquery to display more info about the
>SM node: smpquery nodeinfo <sm_lid>
>and use ibnetdiscover to correlate the GUID of the node to the topology
>to determine where it is running.
>

>>>2. There are 2 levels of debug tracing in IPoIB. You can enable these in
>>>the build with CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG and
>>>CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG_DATA
>>>

>>Sorry for my ignorance, but how would one go about doing this?
>>

>Those are in the kernel config and then the kernel would need
>rebuilding.
>
>-- Hal

Just to make sure I understand. I run smpquery nodeinfo 0x1.
I get the GUID from that command and then run  ibnetdiscover and see if
that GUID exists in the results?
If that is correct, the GUID does not exist, but when I run
ibnetdiscover I see switchguids so I am thinking I am not doing this
correctly???

Sean