[openib-general] Connectivity

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Sep 2 09:09:14 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 11:10, Sean Hubbell wrote:
> This was what happened when I shutdown opensm as per you suggestion. I
> may have misunderstood. What I did was shutdown opensm and then checked
> the /sys/class/infiniband/mthca/ports/1/state to see what the status was
> for the node that usually runs opensm and then the other nodes. The
> master node when opensm was down was INIT. The other nodes were active.
> If I restarted opesm then the master node goes to ACTIVE.

SM needs to be running. You needed to bounce OpenSM to get the
verbosity. Might be nice to be able to dial this up and down at run
time.

In the log you sent the port states all appear ACTIVE so that is not the
issue. Can you down and up all the IPoIB interfaces (with ifconfig) and
see if you have IP connectivity ?