[openib-general] Connectivity

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Fri Sep 2 09:59:34 PDT 2005

Hi Sean,

OpenSM creates a log file (very detailed) if you start it with -V .
The file is located under /var/log/osm.log (if you do not redirect it using the -f flag).

The detailed log file shows all the SM operations, requests, responses, you name it.
If you will attach this file we will be able to tell exactly which multicast group was opened by which client.
We can also tell which request to join the group was accepted and which was not
(joining the group - both senders and receivers is required for any IP multicast group communication).

You can grep -i for mgrp or mlid or mgid in the log file and see for yourself what is going on.
Also I will be happy to assist interpreting it.

Eitan