[openib-general] RE: SDP message loss

Majumder, Rajib rajib.majumder at csfb.com
Mon Sep 5 01:26:28 PDT 2005

hi mst,

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael S. Tsirkin [mailto:mst at mellanox.co.il]
Sent: 05 September 2005 16:18
To: Majumder, Rajib
Cc: 'openib-general at openib.org'
Subject: Re: SDP message loss

Quoting r. Majumder, Rajib <rajib.majumder at csfb.com>:
> Subject: SDP message loss
>
> hi,
>
> We are doing some proof of concept over SDP. During that we noticed that not all messages are received by the data sink.

Do you mean that reading from the socket returns less bytes than you
have written into it?

we are writing large number of messages. sometime, some of the messages are lost i.e not received by sink at all.

> Can there by a message loss in SDP?
No, if the retry counter is exceeded, the QP
will be closed and you will notice since no more data will get
transferred.

> If yes, what could be the possible reasons?

Software bug.

what software are you talking about here? our application or SDP?

> In this case, is there any diagnostic tool, eg. a packet filter, that can give us some idea?

IB analyser is what I use in such cases.

> We are using RHAS 3.0.

Is that 2.4 based?

Yes.

--