[openib-general] OpenSM 1.8.0 Merge Status and Operational Issue

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Sep 6 15:28:01 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 17:19, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> I've got the merged 1.8.0 OpenSM up and running. I have a number of
> questions (which I'll send separately) but the one main problem I have
> now is the following:
>
> I have a 4x HCA port (1x/4x LinkWidthEnable and Supported) connected via
> a 1x analyzer connected to a switch (so is 1x LinkWidthActive).
> OpenSM does not seem to want to bring this port up. It tries once and
> gives up until the physical link is cycled (cable pull and reinsertion).
> It does work running over a 4x link with 4x neighbor ports.
>
> I see the following:
> 	SM side				HCA side
> 	Set PortInfo (NoStateChange) ->
> 			<- GetResp PortInfo (Init)
> 	Set PortInfo (Armed) ->
> 			<- GetResp PortInfo (Armed)
> 	Set PortInfo (Active) ->
> 			<- GetResp PortInfo (Init)
>
> I didn't track the settings on the switch side neighbor port but assume
> they mirror this. OpenSM just seems to never try to bring this port
> active again without some external stimulus. That's the secondary issue.

Aside from the issue above, I did some Solaris 10 testing today and
there appears to be some regression which I need to investigate further.

Based on these, I am currently ambivalent about putting the 1.8.0
changes back as yet (even though I was hoping I could go ahead tomorrow
AM). Does anybody else have an opinion on this ?