[openib-general] Re: Some OpenSM 1.8.0 Anomalies

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 7 23:13:45 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 13:00, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
>
>>>Also, I see the following messages although these should not be the case:
>>>Sep 06 15:41:48 725691 [B76A4C40] -> __match_notice_to_inf_rec: ERR 0207: Cannot find destination port with LID:0x0007
>>
>>This means that the LID of the port registered as the source for this inform info is not recognized as a valid LID.

>>>Sep 06 15:41:48 726186 [B76A4C40] -> __match_notice_to_inf_rec: ERR 0207: Cannot find source port with GUID:0x0008f10403960559
>>
>>The meaning of this is that the incoming trap source is not a recognized (included in the SM database) guid
>

> Both this LID and GUID were discovered so I don't understand how this is
> the case. I can send the log separately if interested (it is over >1M
> gzipped).
I guess this trap report and inform info flow are new.
Which ULP is using it?
Can you describe the flow?
Then if you can send us the log file it will help.
We should be able to at least track the inform info registration and
the trap received from the log (actually this is most what we need).
It is very possible this is a new untested flow.
We did not validate all the possible filtering of
Inform Info based reports. So there might be a simple bug in there
(NTOH maybe).