[openib-general] IBAT ATS registration issue

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Sep 9 13:18:25 PDT 2005

Hi Hal,

I've doing some interoperability testing between IBAT's ATS code and
OnTap's ATS code.

For the most part, everything works great.

I've only seen one issue that I don't have a handle on. Sometimes IBAT
doesn't register an ATS SA record. This happens when I setup the IB
stack via a script like this:

	modprobe ib_mthca
	modprobe ib_ipoib
	ifconfig ib0 w.x.y.z
	modprobe kdapl_ib 	// this brings in ib_at.ko

if I change the script as follows:

        modprobe ib_mthca
        modprobe ib_ipoib
        ifconfig ib0 w.x.y.z
	sleep 10
        modprobe kdapl_ib       // this brings in ib_at.ko

everything seems to work.

I plan to look through at.c's ib_devs_changed() and ib_devs_sweep() to
see if I can spot the problem. Before I did that, I wanted to see if
you had observed this problem. Could it be as simple as uncommenting
the queue_delayed_work line in ib_at_ats_reg()?

james