[openib-general] completion Q overflow error/panic

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Sep 9 22:02:34 PDT 2005

I found one bug in your cmpost.c program that could cause CQ
overruns.  When you create your receive and send CQs, you create them
with a cqe value of 5, so they can hold at most 5 entries.  However,
you create the send and receive work queues so they can hold up to 10
entries, and in fact the code will post up to 8 entries at a time.  So
it's possible to overflow the CQ.

The fix is to create the CQs to have at least as many entries as the
work queues -- in other words, change cqe to 10.

However, even with this fixed I do see some strange behavior that I'm
still debugging.  More details on Monday.

What HCA firmware version do your systems have?

 - R.