[openib-general] sdp: kill sdp buff pool

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Sep 11 03:11:04 PDT 2005

Quoting Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de>:
> Btw, the whole sdb_buff code looks a little like it's duplicating the
> network layers sk_buff code.  Anyone looking into this higher-level
> thing?

I was looking into the possibility to use list.h to manage queues.
But you are right - there is a similiarity, it might just make sense to use
skbuff.h rather than list.h to manage sdpc_buffs.
Need to think what to do with sdpc_iocb/sdpc_advt then: currently
these are, sometimes, kept on the same queue with sdpc_buff objects.

Worth keeping in mind, and I'll be interested to see such a patch
emerge.

Another option that comes to mind would be to generalize linked-list-with-size
code in skbuff.h, moving it into list.h, sdp would then reuse it.

Something like:

struct slist_entry {
        struct slist_entry *next;
        struct slist_entry *prev;