[openib-general] RE: osmtest/OpenSM: ServiceGID and busy status

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 12 06:17:24 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 16:14, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 16:05, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> > > I may be wrong but:
> > > ServiceGID says port GID for service. A port GID must meet the
> > > requirements in the addressing section.
> > [EZ] I think the spec intentionally leaves this open. The intent is to
> > use this as GID but no check is defined. According to your
> > interpretation no "proxy" - where node A publish services of node B -
> > is allowed
>
> Proxy would be allowed. There are 2 possibilities:
> 1. Allow valid looking GIDs
> or
> 2. Only allow GIDs present in the subnet

I think that C15-0.0.1.13 (IBA 1.2 p.896) results in the second
possibility above as it states:

C15-0.1.13: SA shall reject as invalid any attempt to create, modify, or
delete a ServiceRecord in which the ServiceP_Key is not present in the
P_Key Tables of both the port identified by the ServiceGID and the port
from which the request came.

So that is more stringent and the ServiceGID must be a (valid) GID in
the subnet.

I believe the test ais ttempting to create the SR with an invalid
ServiceGID as its subnet prefix is 0. It should be rejected by the SA
per the rule above.