[openib-general] Re: imgen build

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Mon Sep 12 10:11:46 PDT 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> > > 2. Should there be a make install for these tools (t2a, mic) ?
> >
> > No idea.
> > It really does not make sense to install it on all nodes in a cluster,
>
> OK but shouldn't one have the option of installing it or not ?
>
> > and it works fine from any directory.
>
> True.
>
> > What do you think?
>
> I'm ambivalent about this. Anyone else have an opinion ?

If there is an option to install them, they should go in a
mellanox/infiniband specific location. I've seen problems in the past
where tools in /bin and /sbin get overwritten.

The more pressing issue in my opinion is to provide a way to map the
board ids in /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/board_id to the correct .brd
files in the Mellanox firmware download.