[openib-general] Re: Opensm - casting issues #2

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 13 06:35:36 PDT 2005

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting Eitan Zahavi <eitan at mellanox.co.il>:
>
>>>Also, is the OpenIB svn tree the master code repository for OpenSM
>
> for
>
>>>both Linux and Windows ?
>>
>>The answer here is a little more complex:
>>The WinIB repository will be used to keep the windows code.
>>However, we are looking for a way to automatically update it
>>with changes from the OpenIB trunk. So we are looking for
>>having all the "core" of OpenSM be maintained only in OpenIB and
>>be automatically "copied" into the WinIB.
>

> Try svn exports feature.
The problem is not with the script to copy the files.
Even though I guess we will need quilt on the way too.
(your comment:"use svn export" was even a bit insulting - but I will ignore it).
The problem is maintaining the code in a mode that will
support both OS without too many patches to apply in between.