[openib-general] Strange configure error in libibcm

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Sep 13 14:29:04 PDT 2005

This is an odd error that seems to be some sort of autotools or
binutils bug.  I see the same thing on my system, and what seems to
happening is:

    checking for ib_at_route_by_ip in -libat... yes

configure tries to link a program that calls ib_at_route_by_ip, and
succeeds because ld searches /usr/local/lib.

    checking size of long... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long), 77

it then tries to run a program to see how big a long is, but it can't
run because the dynamic loader can't find libibat, since
/usr/local/lib isn't in its search path.

So I'm not sure how to get a better error message, but I don't think
it's a libibcm problem.

 - R.