[openib-general] [ANNOUCEv2] OpenIB OpenSM 1.1.0: trunk now supports 1.8.0 features

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Sep 13 18:46:05 PDT 2005

> Were you running any other ULPs other than IPoIB ?

Not at the time. Maybe only MPI.

> > I've got a log now of the latest opensm-1.1.0 attached.
> >
> > The time (was) off on that machine, FYI.
> >
> > At the log entry 'Sep 13 12:06:55', I plugged in the node that is hung/crashed
> > .. which caused a bunch of opensm errors..
>
> Thanks. That helps orient me. What was the opensm crash ? The log just
> ends abruptly.

OpenSM didn't crash, but the IPoIB multicast seemed broken. The opensm
instance that generated that log is still currently running. Brett can
hopefully tell us tommorow what (if anything) is still broken.

We have another node that crashed, and have seen this behavior before
where one node crashes and gets into some strange state that OpenSM
can't handle well.

> > I have since unplugged that
> > node, and can put it back in tommorow if you want more debug info.
>
> Great. More later on the log itself...
>
> -- Hal

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz