[openib-general] Tavor HCAs with openib

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Sep 16 20:21:35 PDT 2005

    Manpreet> I was wondering if the Mellanox PCI-X cards (with
    Manpreet> memory) are still supported in the openib stack.

Yes, they are fully supported (and work well in my test systems).

    Manpreet> Although the code seems to include it in the PCI device
    Manpreet> id list, but I get the following error when I load
    Manpreet> ib_mthca:

    Manpreet> ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: Missing UAR, aborting

There's something that the driver doesn't like about the second BAR of
the PCI device.  Can you add the code:

		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "flags: %lx, len: %lx\n",
			pci_resource_flags(pdev, 2), pci_resource_len(pdev, 2));

right after the line that prints "Missing UAR" in mthca_main.c,
rebuild the driver, and send the new output?

    Manpreet> Kernel version: 2.6.12.3.  OpenIB kernel stack version:
    Manpreet> 3459 (from Sep 16).  HCA card device ID: 0x5a44.

    Manpreet> The following is the PCI configuration space dump of the HCA:

I notice that in the lspci output, the second two BARs of the HCA
device are assigned addresses above 4G.  I wonder if this confuses the
kernel's PCI core?

What kind of system are you running?

 - R.