[openib-general] Re: Tavor HCAs with openib

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Sep 19 13:47:51 PDT 2005

    > ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: Missing UAR, aborting.
    > ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: flags: 0, len: 0

OK, there's something wrong with the PCI bus setup in your system.
The kernel is not giving us the correct BAR configuration --
pci_resource_flags(pdev, 2) and pci_resource_len(pdev, 2) are
returning 0, instead of telling us we have 8 MB of memory.

Have you tried a newer kernel like 2.6.13 or 2.6.14-rc1?
What does lspci -vv say for this device?

In any case you're probably going to have to report this to
linux-kernel to get it resolved -- the issue seems to be in the PCI
core code or in your BIOS.

 - R.