[openib-general][RFC][CMA]: ib_cma_get_device hot unplug issue

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Tue Sep 20 06:35:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm sorry for bringing it up again, but I don't understand yet why a cma
consumer is different then any other verbs consumer (who needs to synchronize
between a device removal cb and device verbs calls).

I understand that when returning from ib_cma_get_device the device can be no
longer valid, but if the consumer is aware of that and makes sure it is (checks
his devices lookup table after return), can't he just be considered as a regular
device client, from that point on ?

If this is not a valid approach, What is your suggestion for the issue ?

Thanks,
Guy