[openib-general] Problem Building OpenIB on 2.6.12 kernel

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Sep 20 16:42:38 PDT 2005

    Don> Our kernel is 2.6.12 and we try to build the GEN2 drivers.
    Don> The gen2 "linux-kernel" trunk was downloaded
    Don> yesterday... don't remember the number.

You may run into other problems, because now that 2.6.13 is out, the
OpenIB subversion tree will support 2.6.13 instead of 2.6.12.

    Don> When we add IPoIB, we get:

    Don> drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c:478: error:
    Don> conflicting types for 'path_lookup'
    Don> include/linux/namei.h:103: error: previous declaration of
    Don> 'path_lookup' was here

Strange, I've never seen that error.  Can you figure out how
<linux/namei.h> is getting included while building ipoib_main.c?

    Don> Also, will the GEN2 stack work with a 64K page size kernel?
    Don> If not, is there a plan to make it work?

I don't think anyone has tested it, but if you have new enough HCA
firmware (>= 3.3.3 for PCI-X HCAs), it should work.  If it doesn't
work I'd be interested in hearing about it.

 - R.