[openib-general] QP with large starting sequence adds latency to RDMA READ???

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Wed Sep 21 09:39:29 PDT 2005

Sean Hefty wrote:

> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
>> Might it be some timeout being hit before this starts working ?
>>
>> Not sure I understand it but it looks like the CM starting_psn is set
>> to ep_ptr->qp_handle->qp_num in the uDAPL CM.

Seeding the starting_psn to the QPN is new to this latest drop of uDAPL.
Every new QPN created in subseqeunt runs is 0x10000 greater then the
previous and this seems to cause a hit of about 40us. This is why I went
back and just seeded by hand to see what happens and sure enough for
every 0x1000 increment on the seed there is an additional ~40us hit.

I am working on a verbs based test to make sure it is not some uDAPL
issue that I introduced . I will also send out a patch to my dtest.c
that measures the RDMA reads