[openib-general] problems on device/ports initialization

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Sep 22 10:38:58 PDT 2005

    Sean> Ipoib appears to handle each port separately, however, so
    Sean> that a failure on one port does not mark the others as
    Sean> invalid.  Roland should know for certain, but at least
    Sean> that's the way the code looks to me.

Sort of.  However, the whole stack was architected with the
expectation that "devices" would be the unit we operate on.  It will
take quite a bit of work to fix everything up so that all the pieces
work with devices where some ports are not accessible.

I still would like to understand the real issue with Galaxy.  Why do
we have to wait for a port to be in the Active state before we use it?

 - R.