[openib-general] problems on device/ports initialization

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 22 11:35:00 PDT 2005

> A patch for this would be accepted.  I should note that other modules,
such as the CM, follow this same error recovery.  If an error occurs
trying to initialize any of the ports, the entire device is not used by
that module.
> Ipoib appears to handle each port separately, however, so that a failure
on one port does not mark the others as invalid.  Roland should know for
certain, but at least that's the way the code looks to me.

Great. Thanks! I will try to address these errors as well.

Shirley Ma
IBM Linux Technology Center
15300 SW Koll Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006-6063