[openib-general] Re: opensm and SIGINT

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Sep 22 11:41:04 PDT 2005

Hi Viswa,

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 14:37, Viswanath Krishnamurthy wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> Sure will test it out. I see no issue in this fix. I have run the
> following test overnight
> in a script with yesterday's code
>
> 1. Start opensm
> 2. Ping another  node over IB
> 3. Run osmtest (osmtest -f c, osmtest -f a)
> 4. Kill opensm with -9 signal and repeat over
>
> The failures are  captured in a log.
>
> This has run more than 2500 times without resource leak issues. I saw
> about 150 osmtest
> failures which I will followup with another mail.

Some failures are intentional (bad flow tests). They are all not marked
obviously. Some of this has been documented on the list but not fixed
yet but I am interested in seeing what you are referring to.

>  Once opensm failed to start  correctly with SUBNET UP message in the
> log.

So the subnet didn't come up and the ports didn't become active ? Just
out of curiousity, could you unload and reload ib_umad and then start
opensm when that occurs to see if that fixes things ? I'm not sure it
would.

Thanks.