[openib-general] EEH: MMIO Failure on Power5

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 22 13:55:43 PDT 2005

Adding ib_mthca to /etc/hotplug/blacklist worked for us (i.e. it is the
workaround we adopted). Just to double check, you did reboot after adding
to the blaclkist and then loaded ib_mthca  after reboot -right?

BTW, what kind of Power5 machine are you using?

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com

             Thaddeus Ternes
             <tternes at gmail.co
                                       Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>
             09/22/2005 01:42                                           cc
             PM                        Pradeep
                                       Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       openib-general at openib.org
              Thaddeus Ternes          Re: [openib-general] EEH: MMIO
                                       Failure on Power5

Yeah, same result as before.

On 9/22/05, Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com> wrote:
>     Thaddeus> These are OpenPower 720 machines.  I've been away from
>     Thaddeus> the office for a few days, so I'll do some more poking
>     Thaddeus> around to see if I can come up with anything else.
>     Thaddeus> Maybe I've missed something in the logs or dmesg...
>
> Have you tried the workaround of adding 'ib_mthca' to
/etc/hotplug/blacklist