[openib-general] Forcing IB link state down

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Sep 23 10:59:28 PDT 2005

Hi Viswa,

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 13:55, Viswanath Krishnamurthy wrote:
> Is there an API or command to force an IB link to go down.

Not currently.

>  This will be helpful in running tests on opensm.

Yes, I can understand that. Technically (per the IBA spec), the SM is
the only one allowed to do Sets. I think it would be possible to have a
diag command do this as long as the MKey protection is weak (which it is
now). A better way might be to have a CLI on the OpenSM and be able to
issue a down command to a port.