[openib-general] Re: Another opensm problem ?

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Sep 23 11:57:39 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 13:50, Viswanath Krishnamurthy wrote:
> - After 7-8 iterations, I ran into a weird problem, where opensm was
> showing the HCA as UNKNOWN. The port
> never came up to ACTIVE state.  The unplugged and replugged into
> different slots, the port remained in INIT
> state.

Mellanox    : SW : 12 : INI :      :     : 2048 : 1x  : 2.5 : 0002c9010d26e780 : UNKNOWN

OpenSM thinks that either there is no physical port on the other end of
the link or it is not "valid" (GUID non 0). Obviously it is there as the
port state is INIT so the physical link came up which requires the
remote end to be there.

One other note is that it appears to have come up as 1x. Is that what
should happen ?