[openib-general] Re: OpenSM & pkeys

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 26 08:37:35 PDT 2005

Hi Yipee,

A Tcl API for sending and receiving MADs is available under
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils/src/linux-user/ibis
(IBIS == IB Inband Services)

If you follow on the autogen.sh && configure && make && make install
you should get /usr/local/bin/ibis executable.

Then you need to basically:

Run ibis from shell. And get the Tcl prompt. Then run:
ibis_init
ibis_get_local_ports_info
# select one of the guids above that are ACTIVE and use in next command
<guid>
ibis_set_port <guid>

# set the PKey you want to use
smPkeyTableMad configure -pkey_entry {0xffff 0x1234 0x8555 .... the set of
pkeys  }

# Then send it over using directed route or lid
# Where:
# dr-path = list of ports the packets has to exit through
#     1,2 will leave the first node through port 1 and the second node
through port 2
# lid = the target node lid
# port num = the target port number to set pkey on
# block num = the block of pkeys to set (you should probably use always 0 )

# you can figure out what other capabilities are there by using Tcl command:
# info commands

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director
Mellanox Technologies LTD