[openib-general] Re: FW: SDP problems with 64K page size

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Sep 26 14:13:39 PDT 2005

    Jerome> Just an open question: Do you think that we could get
    Jerome> better performance if we would go with u32 instead of
    Jerome> reducing the buffer to 16K?

Not sure.  One easy test you could try would be increasing 16384 to
32768 in my patch.  If that works and improves performance, then
further increases would probably be worthwhile also.

You could also try changing recv_size and send_size from u16 to s32 in
the declaration in sdp_conn.h.

BTW, I say all of this with only the vaguest understanding of the SDP
code base, so it might be complete nonsense.

 - R.