[openib-general] Local QP operation err while sending packet over UD transport

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Sep 27 18:27:41 PDT 2005

    VBabu> I am using verbs layer in OpenIB of linux kernel 2.6.13.1
    VBabu> and Mellanox HCA (CA type: MT25208, Number of ports: 2,
    VBabu> Firmware version: 5.0.1, Hardware version: a0)

I'm not sure if it matters, but firmware version 5.0.1 is old -- you
might want to upgrade to 5.1.0.  Also, are you using the IB drivers
shipped with kernel 2.6.13.1, or have you updated to the OpenIB
subversion code?  There were several bugfixes to the mem-free support
since 2.6.13 was released.

    VBabu> Opcode field of ib_wc structure was showing some
    VBabu> unrealistic value 18177 and vendor_err as 469a0400.

Per the IB spec, the opcode field is not valid if the status is not
success, so there's no point in looking at that -- it's just an
uninitialized memory location.  Also, the current driver doesn't set
the vendor_err field, so that's not useful either.

    VBabu> CQE contents 0000040c b3000000 fd000000 11000000 026f0000 00000010 00002005 ff100000

Perhaps someone from Mellanox can decode the undocumented fields of
this CQE.

One possibility that comes to mind is that you are not creating your
UD address handle correctly.  I think that could possibly cause the
error you're seeing.

Can you post the code you're getting this error with?

Thanks,
  Roland