[openib-general][RFC]: CMA IB implementation

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 28 04:37:18 PDT 2005

Quoting Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general][RFC]: CMA IB implementation
>
> Guy German wrote:
> > I believe that ib_at is still a valuable module even if ATS reverse ARP
> > is broken, and I think we should discuss this.
>
> Here's my thinking on this.  ATS is broken as you mentioned for
> reverse lookups.  However, if we want to keep ATS, I think that ATS
> registration/deregistration should be integrated with IPoIB.  To keep
> it separate, we will need to patch net_device to provide an rdma_ptr
> as suggested by Roland.

I *think* that having rdma_ptr might be useful in its own right,
as a nicer way to get at the ipoib private data, which we need anyway,
dont we?
I am not, however, sure what rdma_ptr should point to?
Some kind of structure including ca, port and pkey?

On a side note, I wander whether ATS can be split into a separate module
so that people that dont need it can avoid loading it.

MST

--
MST