[openib-general] Mellanox verification team is starting to ch eck in to the SVN tests

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 28 04:52:46 PDT 2005

Hi roland.

Thanx for the feedback, we thought about the VL one more time after your
email ...

> Do we really need an OS abstraction library?  Can't we just use libc?

We need the VL for several main reasons:
* we write tests to both linux(gen2 stack) and windows(ibal stack) and we
want to have common API to OS calls
* we want to have functionality that you don't want to add for the driver
(for example: enum values to string)
* we want to have functionality that cannot be found in other place (for
example: random in kernel level)

> Can you post more details or better still fixes for the bugs?
later i will send an email with the test command lines + the bugs they
reveal.

> Would it be possible to update the tests for the new CQ API?
fixed.

Thanx
Dotan