[openib-general][RFC]: CMA IB implementation

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Thu Sep 29 07:17:23 PDT 2005

Sean Hefty wrote:
> I don't object to the name, just combining the current functionality
> that ib_at tries to provide into a single abstraction.  I think that the
> disagreement is what functionality a core address translation module
> should provide.
 > If other functionality from ib_at is needed,
 > I'm hoping that it can be build on top of this service.

Ok.

My personal taste is to have fewer modules but I can see the reason behind
adding functionality gradually.

If this process will get the new (minimized ib_at) and cma into the kernel
faster, hence allowing transport neutral ULP's (e.g. iSER) to be written over an
upstream code, then I think it's a good course of action.

Guy