[openib-general] [RFC] IB address translation using ARP

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Sep 29 09:05:49 PDT 2005

Sean Hefty wrote:
> struct ib_addr_svc* ib_addr_create_svc(void *context, ib_addr_handler handler);
>
> void ib_addr_destroy_svc(struct ib_addr_svc *svc);

On second thought, I think this can be done without the need to create/destroy a
service without changing the functionality.

> void ib_addr_cancel(struct ib_addr_svc *svc, struct ib_addr *addr);

If we make cancel a blocking call, I think that we could also ensure that a
callback will not occur after cancel returns.  Not sure if we want this
restriction, or that it really helps a ULP that's following a call to resolve
with a path record query.