[openib-general][RFC]: CMA IB implementation

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Sep 29 12:15:52 PDT 2005

Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:
> I am not very clear about this -what happens when the ARP cache is empty
> on the active side and IPoIB module has also been unloaded? Is the IP
> translation information stored somewhere by the CMA, permitting the
> application to continue?

If the route is not found in the cache, then an ARP will be sent.  (That code is
missing, but can be pulled from SDP or AT.)

If IPoIB has been unloaded, then there's no remote IP address, and the request
will fail.  I don't think that it's a good idea to remember IP addresses that
are no longer valid.

An application that has already established a connection is unaffected by
unloading IPoIB or a change in its address.