[Fwd: [openib-general] [ANNOUCE] OpenIB OpenSM: trunk now supports 1.8.0 features]

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Thu Sep 29 13:18:38 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>Hi Sean,
>
>On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 14:03, Sean Hubbell wrote:
>

>>  We are having problems with loading the mthca module running Linux
>>2.6.13 Kernel with the svn repository pulled yesterday afternoon when we
>>are booting.
>>

>What problem is occuring with loading mthca during boot ?

The modules does not load and I do not have an error message. This
occures intermitantly.

>>Once we boot, we get passed this but we have problems when
>>attempting to run ibping.
>>

>ibping or ping ? If ibping, what is the server ? What is the ibping
>invocation ? Is this before or after an OpenSM is running in the subnet
>?

ibping 0x1
ibping 0xB

Neither of which work. Of course this is after I start opensm.

>> The log files are 1.4M.
>>

>OpenSM log or something else ?

This includes osmtest, osm.log, and the results of ibnetdiscover.

>> Would you like me to send them to you directly?
>>

>Can you gzip or bzip it down ?

This is the size after taring and gzipping.

Would you like me to send them?

Sean