[openib-general] Sending/Receiving MAD packets from user-space.

Abhijit Gadgil gabhijit at pantasys.com
Thu Sep 29 23:31:28 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to use MAD services from a user-land application. Basically
I want to do few things like registering to traps/generating Multicast
Send requests from user-space using Userspace VAPI.

After reading through some code in osmtest.c, I couldn't figure out
whether it is using the Userspace VAPI or through a kernel module Kernel
space VAPI. Can someone point to me how I should get going about it?

The library libopensm.a or libosmvendor.a can be used for this? However,
I am not too sure whether it is using the user mode Verbs API or not.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

-abhijit