[openib-general] Updating firmware

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Sep 30 11:13:03 PDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Sean Hubbell wrote:

> James Lentini wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Sean,

> > > Switch update of firmware is not supported by OpenIB. This is specific
> > > to the vendor switch.

> > > For the HCA, mstflint is officially supported; tvlash isn't. Which you
> > > use may also be a matter of preference.
> > >

> > The Wiki's Installation Cheat Sheet has an overview of how to flash a
> > Mellanox HCA:
> >
> > https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Installation+Cheat+Sheet
> >

> Great, but mstflint does not compile on my system. Would you like me to fix
> this (using the same autogen.sh and configure like files)?
> Or is this for a specific reason?

Michael S. Tsirkin, mst at mellanox.co.il, is the maintainer of the
mstflint tool. I believe Michael lives in Israel, so he may not see
your message until Sunday.

Bug reports/patches would be appreciated, but Michael would be the one
to review them.

FYI: The procedure for submitting patches is outlined in the OpenIB
FAQ:

https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=OpenIBFAQ

In addition to openib-general, I'd suggest including Michael in the to
field.