[openib-general] CM patch for 2.6.17 merge

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 4 14:47:29 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general] CM patch for 2.6.17 merge
>
>     Michael> OK then. Roland, could you update CM from svn?
>
> I have to say that I don't think now is the appropriate time to merge
> this stuff.  Let's merge this when a consumer is ready too.

That's unfortunate, I think CMA needs this and it would be nice to develop CMA
out of kernel against in-kernel CM.  Is that right, Sean? Does CMA require
private data matching to work?

Oh well, maybe you are right.

Still, we really want to prevent userspace from using CMA/SDP service IDs, so I
think we need at least this part.  Sean, if you agree, please send Roland this
patch.

--
Michael S. Tsirkin
Staff Engineer, Mellanox Technologies