[openib-general] RC2 delayed a bit

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Wed Apr 5 10:58:33 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:43 -0700, Shirley Ma wrote:

> Today is April 5. What the current plan for RC2?

Several vendors have formed an "Enterprise Working Group" (EWG) to
produce a set of sources and binary packages that they can provide to
customers until such time as the Linux distribution vendors ship enough
OpenIB userspace components to make this unnecessary.

The intention is to ship the same basic userspace components as the
OpenIB 1.0 software release, with some additional parts.  In addition,
some people want to ship kernel components that are not upstream, such
as SDP and iSER.

Unfortunately, the coordination of this with the 1.0 process has thus
far not been very effective, so I am spending a lot of time manually
filtering diffs to see what has changed between the first EWG software
release (named "IBED") and the 1.0 tree, so that I can reunify the two.

Also, for some reason, there has not yet been an official announcement
of the EWG's existence on this mailing list.  Until that announcement
comes along, you can see the EWG archives and sign up for the mailing
list at http://openib.org/mailman/listinfo/openfabrics-ewg

Please pardon the delay as we work to get things back on track.

	<b