[openib-general] Re: ib_umad related kernel panic

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 10:12:20 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:04:29PM -0700, Manpreet Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am observing the following with redhat kernel rpm at:
> http://people.redhat.com/dledford/Infiniband , which uses openib version
> 3965. This is on an RHEL4 install.
>
> When the system is rebooted, ib_core, ib_mad and ib_mthca modules get loaded
> automatically. When I load ib_umad after that, I get the following panic.
> However, if I unload ib_mthca and load again once before loading ib_umad,
> then there is no problem subsequently in the system.

The rpms posted on my site, especially the 3985 revision, are not going to
be "fixed", they will simply be replaced.  We are going to a later rev of
the code base for the next update (the 1.0 release branch), so time spent
fixing bugs in that version is basically wasted.  Just to make that point
clear, I've removed the old RPMs from my site and put up a new set of kernel
rpms based on the 1.0 release branch code (userspace rpms will be a little
later).

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.