[openib-general] switch from svn to git

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 7 12:54:38 PDT 2006

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 12:39 -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
>
>>I wanted to start a discussion about migrating the openib code repository from
>>svn to git.
>

> I'm not very open to using git; it has a horrible user interface.  I'd
> much prefer to see a switch to something cleaner, specifically
> Mercurial.

first read andrew morton's writeup on why he does not use git.

I don't particularly like git. We moved to svn for linuxbios a while
back and it has been fine.

xen uses mercurial and they are happy with it. But do we need multiple
repo capability or not?

What's missing in svn that you don't like?

thanks

ron