[openib-general] switch from svn to git

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Apr 7 14:51:36 PDT 2006

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
>>I mentioned git specifically to simplify merging kernel code upstream.
>
> But Roland is already using git for that, no?  About half the revs on
> the trunk are against userspace, so choosing a tool based on kernel
> suitability doesn't seem completely appropriate.

This also means that half the revs are against the kernel.  And for kernel
changes, git ends up working well, plus its an improvement over svn for
userspace.  I think part of the reason Roland wants each userspace maintainer to
select their own tool is so that the maintainer can pick which tool is most
suitable for their work flow.  I don't have a strong attachment to git, it just
hit me as the most natural replacement.