[openib-general] switch from svn to git

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Apr 7 15:07:44 PDT 2006

    Bryan> The "let a thousand flowers bloom" approach is going to be
    Bryan> a *huge* pain in the ass for people like me who have to
    Bryan> deal with every component.  I already have to switch
    Bryan> between three of them several times a day and use one or
    Bryan> two others on a regular basis.  Now I'll need a different
    Bryan> set of working practices for every picayune component of
    Bryan> OpenIB?

I think this may be due to a fundamental problem with how you've
chosen to manage the process.  I think it would be less work both for
you and also the component maintainers if we made like Gnome and just
said, "OK maintainers, tarballs for RC5 are due on such-and-such
date."  Then we avoid paying the extra cost of marching in lockstep on
a single branch in a single repository.

 - R.