[openib-general] switch from svn to git

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Apr 7 16:25:16 PDT 2006

    Bob> This approach assumes that no one wants to follow the latest
    Bob> version (tip) of the tree and that people only care about
    Bob> specific releases or RCs, which is not the case.

I recognize the desire to be on the bleeding edge.  But the fact is
that any "tip" is an artificial construct -- there is no true linear
ordering of development.  If Sean is off developing CMA stuff, and Hal
is off developing RMPP stuff, their two trees are not really
comparable -- neither one is closer to the "tip".

 - R.