[openib-general] Re: RFC: clean branches/1.0/ (was Re: Include patch for IPoIB queue size tuning into the release 1.0 branch)

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Apr 9 10:40:02 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com>:
> Subject: Re: RFC: clean branches/1.0/ (was Re: Include patch for IPoIB queue size tuning into the release 1.0 branch)
>
> On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 18:01 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>
> > Bryan, since you stated that this kernel code is useful to you for internal
> > purposes,
>
> We actually don't use it at all.
>
> Perhaps it would be worth mirroring Roland's for-2.6.17 git tree into
> branches/1.0/src/linux-kernel?  That would avoid the lack of maintenance
> issue, while making it possible for IBM and others to just look in one
> location for everything.

Importing for-2.6.17 in svn might help svn users, although a quick
google search didn't find any script that can do this preserving history -
and I don't thing there'a a way to trigger this from git commit so
I guess you'll just have to do this from a cron job.

kernel.org has infrastructure to create and publish tarballs
periodically or triggered by user - this might be just as well
for anyone not interested in history: Roland, could it be possible to
make these available?

But keeping for-2.6.7 under branches/1.0 will just keep confusing people.
branches/for-2.6.17 will be more appropriate.

--
MST